Some things you'll want to know!
New members... welcome to the WNCC!
- You are welcome to join any league... some leagues will have set teams already, but that doesn't mean you should feel you are not welcome. Many teams are in need of an extra curler either on a regular basis or as a 5th person throughout the season. This is a great way to get yourself known and you will soon find yourself a permanent fixture on a regular team. Select the OUR LEAGUES option on the Home Page for information regarding the various leagues. Check the Home Page in mid September for information regarding our registration/information nights. Select the LEARN TO CURL option on the Home Page if you are a non curler interested in learning to curl.
- We use an online registration process. For instructions on how to register, select the HOW TO REGISTER tab in the vertical menu on our Home Page.
- Throughout the year there are various in-club Bonspiels. These are club events... fun events... with no pressure put on you the curler to excel whatsoever. Sure there may be a Turkey up for stake at the Turkey Spiel, but fun is always the order of the day. We encourage you to sign up for any or all of the in-club Spiels as they occur. Check our Club Events section for upcoming events.
- You will be contacted (sometimes too frequently) by various members of the club executive or some club convenors. Most of this communication is done by email so we hope you have entered your email correctly into the system... and... that you have checked the send email option! That part is very important!
- The WNCC is a volunteer organization. We are completely not-for-profit. As such that means that we rely on our members to take part in our volunteer program throughout the entire year, not just the season. Every year we only ask our members to contribute 10 hours of volunteer service... many have given far more than their required 10 hours... others are into the thousands! Every hour counts however and for each hour provided the WNCC is a better place. As a way of easing new members into our volunteer system we would ask that you complete only half (5 hours) of service for your club. This will probably be something like assisting at a single Bonspiel... these are fun and a great way to meet more fellow members as well. Of course you are more than welcome to volunteer as much as you like so you don't have to stop at 5 hours!
- This website is your main source of information about your club. If its happening it will be posted here somewhere. Usually we have news of upcoming events, of how our Teams on Tour have made out, and you can always see how active we are by checking out our club calendar in the club events section. There will be links to follow for event registration and for volunteer opportunities.
- Always remember that the club is only as good as you make it. We welcome your solutions and are always open to change if it is for the betterment of our club.
So... welcome to the WNCC. It will be a great place to be this year!