Learn to Curl
|League Info||Member Info||Roster||Schedule||Standings|
Learn to Curl
This program for new curlers consists of five introductory lessons. Each lesson is designed to familiarize you with the game, one step at a time.
You will be led through the program by a member of our club who is an experienced curler and has been trained by the coaching staff of the Ontario Curling Association. Our program follows guidelines provided by Curling Canada.
If you want to start curling in a league right away and also take the Learn to Curl program, consider attending our free 1-1/2 hour First Rocks clinic on October 10 to gain some familiarity with curling before your league play starts.
When is Learn to Curl?
The program is offered in 3 different time slots on Wednesdays starting November 14.
- Wed, Nov 14 - Wed, Dec 12, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Wed, Nov 14 - Wed, Dec 12, 2:00 - 4:00pm
- Wed, Nov 14 - Wed, Dec 12, 7:30 - 9:30pm
How much does it cost?
$85.00, HST included. This fee will be applied to the cost of a league should you decide to join.
Do I need equipment?
The club provides the necessary curling equipment to get you started. Please bring indoor footwear (e.g., slippers).
How do I register?
Register by calling WNCC at 289-252-2289 or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to the WNCC (orientation, tour of the facility); Introduction to curling (clothing, equipment, game objectives, ice). *No time is spent on the ice for this lesson.
- Lesson 2 – Fundamentals of delivery (hack position, basic delivery, slide, etc.)
- Lesson 3 – Delivery and more (delivery, grip, rotation, line, etc.)
- Lesson 4 – The finishing touches (brushing, basic tactics, etc.)
- Lesson 5 – Putting it all together (play a 4-end game)