The West Northumberland Curling Club is a non-profit volunteer club. We rely on our members to volunteer their time to support the club.
Volunteering at the WNCC
Every adult member of the WNCC is required to provide a $80.00 postdated cheque at time of registration. Upon completion of your volunteer duties, the cheque will be destroyed. If you are unable to complete your volunteer duties, your cheque will be cashed April, 2018 or shortly thereafter, with thanks for your financial contribution to the club in lieu of volunteering.
Things to Know about the WNCC Volunteer Program:
- New members are required to work five hours or one event.
- Snowbirds are required to work five hours.
- Returning members are required to work a minimum of ten hours volunteer time.
- A minimum ice rental of $200 can count as your volunteer duty.
- Sponsorship/advertising is not included in the volunteer program.
- Members are required to report their hours/duties via Volunteer Opportunity Forms as they are completed.
- Members will be notified about volunteer opportunities primarily by posting at the club on the Volunteer bulletin board. Some jobs may also be posted via the website email program.
- If you have an idea, and would like to volunteer your time and expertise to implement that idea, please feel free to call Ian Hartford to discuss.
- All bartending volunteers are required to have their Smartserve certification.
- All volunteer hours undertaken are valid only for the current season; hours may not be carried over or banked for subsequent years
- Hours may be shared / distributed amongst family members
- Please contact Cyndi if you have any questions about the volunteer program
Thanks everyone for your cooperation. Your volunteer work, greatly contributes to a successful year for the West Northumberland Curling Club.