The West Northumberland Curling Club is a non-profit volunteer club. We rely on our members to volunteer their time to support the club.
Volunteering at the WNCC
Every adult member of the WNCC is required to pay $80.00 extra at time of registration as a commitment towards volunteering at the club. Upon completion of your volunteer duties, the $80 is reimbursed. If you are unable to complete your volunteer duties, your $80 is forfeit. with thanks for your financial contribution to the club in lieu of volunteering.
Things to Know about the WNCC Volunteer Program:
- New members are required to work five hours or one event.
- Snowbirds are required to work five hours.
- Returning members are required to work a minimum of ten hours volunteer time.
- A minimum ice rental of $200 can count as your volunteer duty.
- Sponsorship/advertising is not included in the volunteer program.
- Volunteer hours will be submitted directly to the Volunteer Coordinator, Cyndi Langford, by bonspiel, event or league coordinators.
- Members will be notified about volunteer opportunities primarily by posting at the club on the Volunteer bulletin board. Some jobs may also be posted via the website email program.
- If you have an idea, and would like to volunteer your time and expertise to implement that idea, please feel free to call Ian Hartford to discuss.
- All bartending volunteers are required to have their Smartserve certification.
- All volunteer hours undertaken are valid only for the current season; hours may not be carried over or banked for subsequent years
- Hours may be shared / distributed amongst family members
- Please contact Cyndi if you have any questions about the volunteer program
Thanks everyone for your cooperation. Your volunteer work, greatly contributes to a successful year for the West Northumberland Curling Club.